Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Internal storage folder is empty when I connect iPad to pc

I tried to export the photos from my iPad (6th Gen; bought in 2018) to windows pc (windows 10); I probably have tried all possible solutions in this forum, including "update to latest iTunes", "trust the device"; "use windows Photos to import", "update driver of Apple Device" in pc.

Still no success. I am only seeing "Internal storage folder" as empty in pc.

I have another older iPad (Air 2), and I never had this issue when connecting and exporting photos to the same pc.

Any suggestion to resolve this issue is greatly appreciated!!

iPad Air 2, iPadOS 14

Posted on May 9, 2021 8:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 9, 2021 9:06 AM

Two major methods exist...

1) Install iCloud for Windows on your PC. This will allow you to share and transfer your photos via iCloud.

Download iCloud for Windows – Apple Support

Set up and use iCloud for Windows – Apple Support

2) Install iTunes for Windows on your PC. This provides other transfer and management options.

Download and use iTunes for Windows – Apple Support

You can install and use both on the PC. They will happily coexist - and provide considerable flexibility in how you move/share/transfer photos and other documents and data between iPad, iPhone and your PC.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 9, 2021 9:06 AM in response to HHLIN_TW

Two major methods exist...

1) Install iCloud for Windows on your PC. This will allow you to share and transfer your photos via iCloud.

Download iCloud for Windows – Apple Support

Set up and use iCloud for Windows – Apple Support

2) Install iTunes for Windows on your PC. This provides other transfer and management options.

Download and use iTunes for Windows – Apple Support

You can install and use both on the PC. They will happily coexist - and provide considerable flexibility in how you move/share/transfer photos and other documents and data between iPad, iPhone and your PC.

Internal storage folder is empty when I connect iPad to pc

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.