Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

matched CD collection not available to family members

Hi All,

couldn't find the answer and a direct related topic, so starting a new one.

I have iTunes Match already a long time. I matched my complete CD collection and some recordings of my son's band White Wølfs. It works fine and the only drawback is that it only works for my own Apple ID, even though we have family sharing active. So my wife and son have to use my Apple ID to have access to the complete matched library on their devices.

I read that Apple Music has the same matching feature and is available for up to 6 family members, so I started an Apple Music family subscription. Works ok for all family members. When e.g. my son uses his own Apple ID on his device, he doesn't see my matched CD collection in the Music App. He can only seen in the iTunes App the music I bought from Apple. So no sharing of matched songs.

My question: is in Apple Music family my matched music also, like iTunes Match, not available to my family? Does it mean that I have to match the complete CD collection for every Apple ID in the family?

Hopefully someone knows how it works.

Thanks, Paul.

Posted on May 9, 2021 11:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 10, 2021 9:23 AM

Apple Music extends iTunes Match allowing you to add in content from the iTunes Store. A family plan for Apple Music gives each individual user their own iCloud Music Library, not a shared one. You may be able to share playlists with each other. E.g. Share music with friends on Mac - Apple Support.

tt2

Similar questions

3 replies

May 10, 2021 12:58 PM in response to turingtest2

you say extend, but I thought Apple Music includes iTunes Match and therefore I only need an Apple Music subscription.

But as you said the matched and uploaded songs are not shared. I will try to make a playlist of uploaded songs (not matched) and see if sharing is possible. I will be surprised when it works, because then I can share it with anyone. I let you know.

matched CD collection not available to family members

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.