Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Loop is enabled on every new track by default

Every track I create has the "loop" box checked by default in the Region pane. Is there a way to disable this by default on each new track? I can't seem to find it in the preferences.

Mac mini, macOS 10.15

Posted on May 9, 2021 2:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 11, 2021 11:15 AM

Pay attention to the functionality of the Region Inspector.

One Region Selected:

Whenever you select a Region, the header of the Region Inspector shows the name of the selected Region (BTW, click on the header and you can rename that Region).

Multiple Region Selected:

The header now shows how many Regions are selected. BTW, changing any parameter will change that value for all Regions. If you see an Asterisc (*), then that means that the selected Regions have different values.

No Region Selected

Now the Region Inspector shows "MIDI Defaults" (on an Instrument Track) or "Audio Defaults" (on an Audio Track). That means, whatever value you set for those parameters will be the parameter of any newly recorded Region.

In your case, I guess the Loop checkbox was enabled for the Default Region and whenever you create a new Track, the Region Inspector will show the Default Region values and, therefore, the checkbox.

Hope that helps,

Edgar R. (my "UserName")

Author of the best-selling book series "Graphically Enhanced Manuals" (endorsed by Apple)

[Edited by Moderator]

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 11, 2021 11:15 AM in response to jonathancchau

Pay attention to the functionality of the Region Inspector.

One Region Selected:

Whenever you select a Region, the header of the Region Inspector shows the name of the selected Region (BTW, click on the header and you can rename that Region).

Multiple Region Selected:

The header now shows how many Regions are selected. BTW, changing any parameter will change that value for all Regions. If you see an Asterisc (*), then that means that the selected Regions have different values.

No Region Selected

Now the Region Inspector shows "MIDI Defaults" (on an Instrument Track) or "Audio Defaults" (on an Audio Track). That means, whatever value you set for those parameters will be the parameter of any newly recorded Region.

In your case, I guess the Loop checkbox was enabled for the Default Region and whenever you create a new Track, the Region Inspector will show the Default Region values and, therefore, the checkbox.

Hope that helps,

Edgar R. (my "UserName")

Author of the best-selling book series "Graphically Enhanced Manuals" (endorsed by Apple)

[Edited by Moderator]

Loop is enabled on every new track by default

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.