Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad Air 2 pop ups

I need to allow pop ups for a course I’m doing through a trusted government website, but even when I allow all pop ups in Safari, I get a message saying that pop ups are blocked. Can I specify somewhere to always allow pop ups from a specific site? Many thanks.

Posted on May 9, 2021 5:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 9, 2021 7:20 PM

Kiddiewinks Said:

"iPad Air 2 pop ups: Thanks for that. Have tried Chrome but still doesn’t work :( Might try turning off then on again. Has me totally flummoxed."

-------

Some Other Thoughts:

Ask a peer if you may use their device. Also, ask them which browser they use. Did Mozilla Firefox work? Speak with the Web Master, as they are the ones who manage the network.

Clear Space:

System resources may be being eaten up.

A. Clean TV and Music Libraries:

Remove all unneeded files from your TV and Music Libraries. Full-Movies take up 2-4GB typically, and a bunch of those would take up a load of storage, ideally. So, if you have any movies that are not needed, then delete them.

Also..

B. Clear Temporary Internet Files:

Clear your Temporary Internet Files(Cookies & Cache) of Safari:

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 9, 2021 7:20 PM in response to Kiddiewinks

Kiddiewinks Said:

"iPad Air 2 pop ups: Thanks for that. Have tried Chrome but still doesn’t work :( Might try turning off then on again. Has me totally flummoxed."

-------

Some Other Thoughts:

Ask a peer if you may use their device. Also, ask them which browser they use. Did Mozilla Firefox work? Speak with the Web Master, as they are the ones who manage the network.

Clear Space:

System resources may be being eaten up.

A. Clean TV and Music Libraries:

Remove all unneeded files from your TV and Music Libraries. Full-Movies take up 2-4GB typically, and a bunch of those would take up a load of storage, ideally. So, if you have any movies that are not needed, then delete them.

Also..

B. Clear Temporary Internet Files:

Clear your Temporary Internet Files(Cookies & Cache) of Safari:

May 9, 2021 6:34 PM in response to Kiddiewinks

Kiddiewinks Said:

"iPad Air 2 pop ups: I need to allow pop ups for a course I’m doing through a trusted government website, but even when I allow all pop ups in Safari, I get a message saying that pop ups are blocked. Can I specify somewhere to always allow pop ups from a specific site? Many thanks."

-------

Use a Different Browser:

Educational Institutions (i.e. colleges) have Web sites that do not typically operate with Safari. So, get Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome (both from the App Store), and see if you are set from there. You also typically see this when logging into a server at work.

iPad Air 2 pop ups

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.