Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IPhone X green line

I have had my iphoneX since 2018 and my iPhone suddenly had a green line on the right side can I replace it or is it too late

iPhone X

Posted on May 9, 2021 7:33 PM

10 replies

May 31, 2021 9:28 AM in response to aljawharamm

I have the exact same problem which started two days ago. Talked to Apple Support and they said that in their database there was no problem with iPhoneX and green line listed so they could not recognize it as an Apple problem. They offered me to send my iPhone to a service center and they would give me a quote for fixing the problem. Not okay that a USD 1.000+ iPhone after 3 years have a problem with the screen which they do not recognize or accept as an Apple problem. Has anyone been able to have this problem accepted by Apple and if so what came out of it?

May 31, 2021 10:19 AM in response to Jallin

Yes, I had the same problem (lighted green line from top to bottom on the right side of my screen) and made an appointment with the Genius bar at the closest Apple store. They diagnosed my problem as a "swollen battery" and because the swelling had separated my phone to such an extent that they couldn't even safely replace the battery, they had me pay for a new battery and gave me a new phone.

Jun 4, 2021 6:34 AM in response to carolkfrommalibu

Carol almost identical issue with mine - green vertical line, side was separated from swollen battery. I only had to pay for new battery but they didn't give me a new phone, I had to use a loaner (which they don't provide with a case so since I'd have it for 2+ weeks I wanted to get a case...then dropped the phone before I could get to the store the next day and had to pay for that too). Now, just a couple weeks later, the green line is back. Ugh.

IPhone X green line

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.