You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What's difference between family and other shared album?

What's the difference between a family album, which comes with iCould Photos family sharing, and any normal shared album? I don't see any difference, it looks like the family album is just an automatically set up shared album, no? Are there any extra features?

iPhone X, iOS 14

Posted on May 10, 2021 5:58 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 10, 2021 7:36 AM

Buffalohill wrote:

What's the difference between a family album, which comes with iCould Photos family sharing, and any normal shared album? I don't see any difference, it looks like the family album is just an automatically set up shared album, no? Are there any extra features?

Nothing special about it other than it is visible to all family members by default.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 10, 2021 7:36 AM in response to Buffalohill

Buffalohill wrote:

Nothing special about it other than it is visible to all family members by default.

What's difference between family and other shared album?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.