Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

VPN problems with IOS 14

I am using Mikrotik CCR as my VPN server. Using l2tp with ShA-256 IOS before 14 clients are connecting but as soon as they update to 14 they fail to connect. Dose any one have a solution.

Posted on May 10, 2021 6:23 AM

7 replies

May 10, 2021 7:10 AM in response to a brody

Clients with MAC books, iPhones and iPad so far have reported failure conection to our VPN after updating to IOS 14. or higher.

Lt2p is set to SHA256 encyrption Algorithm 3des. Our VPN server is a Mikrotik CCR. Here is an immage of the current L2tp vpn setting. They supported VPN to IOS customers untill IOS 14. Any sugestions on setting changes.

May 10, 2021 1:16 PM in response to BobTheFisherman

This a an IOS issue not related to developer app the L2TP VPN is a standard. Apple IOS starting with ver 14 no longer can support this or any other approved VPN standard. This is causing life threating issues with remote medical devices that must work through VPNs to meet HIPPA requirement's. I am also a Member of the FCC TAC and have issues with Apple and IOS 14 failing to meet with communications standards and not fixing this issue in their latest update. even after being informed of the VPN issue over 5 months ago. This is critical issue with more remote medical devices planed over 5G . i will bring introduce this issue this week at the FCC TAC meeting for discussion and review. I hope that Apple will bring their L2tp vpn with in the standards and allow all Internet traffic to go through the VPN.

VPN problems with IOS 14

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.