Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

WatchOS 7.4.1 & Apple Watch Series 6 - Battery drains in less than 6 hours

Ever since I installed WatchOS 7.4.1, my Series 6 Apple Watch drains in 6-8 hours. I normally wear my watch to bed (sleep tracking), and have been unable to as a result of the abnormally fast drain.

Today I put on my watch (fully-charged) at 7:00AM, and right now--1:04PM, it's on the charger again after warning me at 10%.

I checked the battery health in Settings > Battery > Battery Health, and it shows 94% capacity, which is a little concerning considering this watch is less than 1 year old.

Anyone else having this issue? What did you do to resolve it?

Apple Watch Series 6, watchOS 7

Posted on May 10, 2021 1:06 PM

Similar questions

3 replies

May 24, 2021 7:21 PM in response to MSWow

If the battery drains too fast after an update, see all the replies to:

Update 6.2.1 Battery Draining Too Quickly… - Apple Community

FWIW, in some cases, unpairing the watch, completely erasing it, then pairing and restoring the backup will resolve the battery draining issue after an update. Also, some people have found that simply waiting a few days after an update resolves the battery draining problem.

May 11, 2021 11:31 AM in response to seattlematt76

Hello seattlematt76,

We see that you're having some issues with battery life after updating. We'd be happy to get you pointed in the right direction!

Based on what you're describing, you'll want to reach out to Apple Support directly. They'll be able to look in to this with you and see what's going on here.

You can reach out to them here: Get Support

Take care!

WatchOS 7.4.1 & Apple Watch Series 6 - Battery drains in less than 6 hours

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.