Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Battery health

I think there is battery issue on iphone 11 series, I am using Iphone 11 from 26th Jan 2021 and by today i.e 11th May battery health has been drop to 96% even after taking so much of care and after 14.5 update so called recalibration especially for 11series battery health drop by 1% after the recalibration process over and just next day battery health drop by another 1%. I don’t know why there always a problem with the Iphone battery can anyone help me what should I do.

I am also not getting good battery life it’s decreasing very fast screenshot attached.

iPhone 11, 14

Posted on May 10, 2021 4:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 12, 2021 9:00 AM

Yes, so it is probably 96.5%, and depending on when it is measured it may move 0.1% either way, depending on the accuracy of the measurement. And, as it’s an iPhone 11 this probably affects it also→About recalibration of battery health reporting in iOS 14.5 - Apple Support

12 replies

May 12, 2021 8:56 AM in response to Lawrence Finch

Hi thanks for your msg want to share one unusual thing from you today in the evening my mobile start ringing and i was unable to see why it was ringing so on that condition I restarted my mobile and when I checked the battery health it increases to 1% means on 9th May it was 97 on 11th may it was 96 and on 12th may it back to 97 sharing screen shot for your better understanding.

May 10, 2021 5:14 PM in response to saqulain

Batteries are consumables; they lose a little capacity every time they are discharged, then recharged. On average this works out to about a 1% loss for every 25 “full charge cycles”. As one example, if you charge the phone overnight, every night (and that is what you should do; it is a best practice), it starts the day at 100%. If it drops to 20% by the end of the day before you charge it again overnight that counts as 0.8 full charge cycles (20% to 100%), or about 24 full charge cycles per month of use. For this example your battery capacity will lose about 1% per month. Of course, if the end-of-day level is higher than 20% the capacity loss will be a little less, and if it is lower than 20%, or you charge it during the day, the capacity loss will be higher.

As your phone is almost 4 months old a 4% drop is in the ballpark of what should be expected. Note that 96% means anywhere from 96.0% to 96.5%, because the granularity is whole percents.

The absolute best way to improve the life of your battery long term is to enable Optimized Battery Charging (Settings/Battery/Battery Health) and charge the device overnight, every night. The battery will fast charge to 80%, then pause. During the night the phone will use mains power instead of battery power, allowing the battery to “rest”, and thus reducing the need to charge the battery quite as often. The phone will resume charging to reach 100% when you are ready to use your phone; it will “learn” your usage pattern.

May 10, 2021 7:02 PM in response to saqulain

Well, 97% means between 96.5% and 97.5%, because those are both rounded to full integer values. And 98% could be as low as 97.5%. So there is no way of knowing precisely what either value is. If your 98% was actually 97.5% and it dropped 0.01% it would read 97%. In other words a 1% drop doesn’t tell you anything. You need to monitor it over time to find the trend. If it stays above 80% it is within spec, and if it reaches 80% in the warranty period Apple will replace the battery.

Battery health

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.