Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

using 2 Apple ID

I installed my (work phone )Apple ID to my Mac book pro on accident. everything got transferred over from my work phone . now I have created a new Apple ID . I have signed out of my Work phone Apple ID and signed in with my new Apple ID . when I make phone calls on my Mac book pro it is still using my work phone number . how do I take off my work phone number and start using the phone number for my new Apple ID to make phone calls?

. please help!

Posted on May 10, 2021 7:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 10, 2021 10:44 PM

On your iPhone, open Settings ➔ Phone ➔ Calls on other devices: Either set this to OFF or find your MacBook Pro and set that to OFF.

On your MacBook Pro open FaceTime ➔ Preferences ➔ Settings tab: Here uncheck your work phone number anywhere that it appears. Ensure that Start New Calls From does not show your work phone number.

Axel F.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 10, 2021 10:44 PM in response to Robertog12

On your iPhone, open Settings ➔ Phone ➔ Calls on other devices: Either set this to OFF or find your MacBook Pro and set that to OFF.

On your MacBook Pro open FaceTime ➔ Preferences ➔ Settings tab: Here uncheck your work phone number anywhere that it appears. Ensure that Start New Calls From does not show your work phone number.

Axel F.

using 2 Apple ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.