Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I install older versions of Photoshop/Illustrator/Indesign on my iMac with Big Sur 11.2.3

I have older versions of Photoshop/Illustrator/Indesign, but I can't install them on my new iMac with Big Sur 11.2.3. It tells me I need to update these apps. That would mean I have to get a Creative Cloud which puts me down for €60,- a month.

Is there a way to instal these older versions? Because they work fine for me.

iMac 27″, macOS 11.2

Posted on May 11, 2021 1:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 11, 2021 2:16 PM

To be specific, you very likely have older 32 bit Adobe apps and Big Sur requires that only 64 bit apps be installed. This is what the industry is moving to. So, as Jack said, you will have to upgrade to the new Adobe products and pay their fees If you continue to use them. One alternative to Adobe Indesign is Swift Publisher. It is a reasonably priced desktop publishing app. Whatever you do, please understand that other apps are likely to be unable to open your old Adobe apps, though.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 11, 2021 2:16 PM in response to PatrickSN

To be specific, you very likely have older 32 bit Adobe apps and Big Sur requires that only 64 bit apps be installed. This is what the industry is moving to. So, as Jack said, you will have to upgrade to the new Adobe products and pay their fees If you continue to use them. One alternative to Adobe Indesign is Swift Publisher. It is a reasonably priced desktop publishing app. Whatever you do, please understand that other apps are likely to be unable to open your old Adobe apps, though.

How can I install older versions of Photoshop/Illustrator/Indesign on my iMac with Big Sur 11.2.3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.