Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sent abroad

My 4 month old MacBook Pro M1 needs a new logic board. Apple have sent it to Ostrava in Czechia to get it repaired !

Why? Apple never told me it was going abroad. Not happy.

Very dissatisfied with apples response to this brand new faulty MacBook and sending it abroad makes me mad.

grajor

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.3

Posted on May 11, 2021 6:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 11, 2021 7:49 AM

You are not addressing Apple here. We are end users like you and cannot pass on complaints or fix unhappiness. If you want an Apple employee to see this, I invite you to use this feedback link:

Feedback - MacBook Pro - Apple

6 replies

May 12, 2021 1:52 AM in response to BobTheFisherman

I am amazed that a company of Apples size have to send repairs on such a torturous journey. Apple love giving this flash presentations when a new product is released but when there is a problem like mine regarding a brand new machine they are very inflexible. Just because l purchased it at Amazon (because it was cheaper) Apple would not replace the faulty mac book.

Then they tried to charge me for the repair (over £400) until l pointed out it was still under warranty. So all in all not very impressed with them at the moment.

May 11, 2021 9:09 AM in response to Grajor

Grajor wrote:

I am in the UK and why have apple not got a repair centre in the UK that can fit new logic boards. I would have not agreed to send my MacBook abroad.

We users do not know why Apple is organized like it is. Maybe it is more profitable, easier to transport, inventory management issues, government agreements, ...?

Where would you have sent it to get repaired if that is where the repair facility is?

Sent abroad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.