Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to remove files from Other?

Can you tell me anyone how to remove from storage of other files because i can not able to read other files and also not deleted. and its common problem face everyone ...???

thank you.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on May 11, 2021 7:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 11, 2021 8:20 AM

How to free up storage space on your Mac

What is “Other” storage on a Mac, and how can I clean it out?

See used and available storage space on your Mac

• Other: Contains files that don’t fall into the categories listed here. This category primarily includes files and data used by the system, such as log files, caches, VM files, and other runtime system resources. Also included are temporary files, fonts, app support files, and plug-ins. You can't manage the contents of this category. The contents are managed by macOS, and the category varies in size depending on the current state of your Mac.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 11, 2021 8:20 AM in response to harsh3331

How to free up storage space on your Mac

What is “Other” storage on a Mac, and how can I clean it out?

See used and available storage space on your Mac

• Other: Contains files that don’t fall into the categories listed here. This category primarily includes files and data used by the system, such as log files, caches, VM files, and other runtime system resources. Also included are temporary files, fonts, app support files, and plug-ins. You can't manage the contents of this category. The contents are managed by macOS, and the category varies in size depending on the current state of your Mac.

May 11, 2021 8:20 AM in response to harsh3331

Click on Review files.

That will help you identify most of what's needed to be removed.

Etrecheck link below will run a report that will help us in the forum diagnose if there is other stuff running in the background which could be dumping extraneous files on your computer in places that normally you shouldn't access:

https://discussions.apple.com/docs/DOC-250002463

May 11, 2021 1:51 PM in response to harsh3331

Welcome and Thank you too :-))

As @brody has outlined, having a small 128 GB Internal Drive it is going to tough to make much empty space. Even if using iCloud as it is really only a conduit / means to access file across various Apple Devices. Probably a good idea is to purchase a good sized external USB SSD and move as much as possible off the internal drive.

How to remove files from Other?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.