Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Front camera turned green

Hi,

I opened my snapchat front camera and the screen displayed green. I checked my actual from camera and same. Tried Instagram front camera and green as well. My phone is not cracked, haven't been dropped, or any sort of damage. Not sure what the issue can be. I contact apple support but no help there. I've tried restarting it, powering phone one and off, apply pressure around camera, but no luck. Help! My phone is an iPhone 8 plus and has the latest update.

Posted on May 11, 2021 9:00 AM

3 replies

Jun 17, 2021 11:35 AM in response to Anandsb

before the issue began I had the screen replaced a week later the green screen happened. I called the company that replaced the screen as I read it could be the camera became defective and they advised me that any phone or device with home buttons after having screen replaced Can come out with defects so they suggested I call my phone provider and file a claim and get it replaced since I did the screen replacement through my phone insurance. Hope this helps!

Front camera turned green

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.