Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have A blank screen on my MacBook but when I hook my MacBook HDMI cables to a TV I can see the right screen of my desktop but not the left screen. How do I see the left screen on the TV

I have a blue screen on my Mac book but when I hook my MacBook to a TV HDMI outlet I can actually see the background of my desktop but not the left side where all the applications are. How do I transmit from my MacBook to the TV so I can see the left screen of my desktop?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.2

Posted on May 11, 2021 9:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 11, 2021 10:20 AM

Sounds like your Mac is set to extend the desktop to the TV. As such the main desktop would still be on the Mac screen.

If you can't see anything on the Mac's screen, and as such can't go into System Preferences->Displays to switch on Mirrored Displays, then try pressing Command+F1 keys on your keyboard to switch to Mirroring.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 11, 2021 10:20 AM in response to kitchen711

Sounds like your Mac is set to extend the desktop to the TV. As such the main desktop would still be on the Mac screen.

If you can't see anything on the Mac's screen, and as such can't go into System Preferences->Displays to switch on Mirrored Displays, then try pressing Command+F1 keys on your keyboard to switch to Mirroring.

I have A blank screen on my MacBook but when I hook my MacBook HDMI cables to a TV I can see the right screen of my desktop but not the left screen. How do I see the left screen on the TV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.