Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone 12 Pro is draining the battery in half normal time

Is anyone else having huge battery drain after iOS 14.5?

iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 14

Posted on May 11, 2021 2:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 12, 2021 12:15 AM

Dear Krait,

for a better focused view of what is causing the draining, please check the battery usage through Settings-->Battery.

Scrolling down this view you'll see what is taking energy from the battery, and in which way.

Even if your phone is a very recent one, please consider also to take a look at the battery "health" status; you can find it under Settings-->Battery-->Battery Health.

In this page you'll see the battery health status expressed in percentage.

In the current times, Apple suggests to have the phone's battery replaced, if this percentage is lower than 80%

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 12, 2021 12:15 AM in response to Krait8

Dear Krait,

for a better focused view of what is causing the draining, please check the battery usage through Settings-->Battery.

Scrolling down this view you'll see what is taking energy from the battery, and in which way.

Even if your phone is a very recent one, please consider also to take a look at the battery "health" status; you can find it under Settings-->Battery-->Battery Health.

In this page you'll see the battery health status expressed in percentage.

In the current times, Apple suggests to have the phone's battery replaced, if this percentage is lower than 80%

May 12, 2021 1:46 AM in response to gulliver.74

This phone is relatively new and not overused. Battery Health status is 100%, yet it drains by noon to 2pm every day now, with Safari and Outlook being the primary users daily. But it sits most of the time, not even being picked up. And even with all apps closed, it drains by early afternoon daily, with the back of the iPhone getting very warm. I've owned every version of iPhone since iPhone 4, and never seen this poor of battery performance. And it used to be up to 2 days of use and still 25% available, before iOS 14.5 was updated. I've read all the blogs and turned off most of the suggested items working in the background. Something is seriously draining the battery daily, and it isn't necessarily apparent why?

My iPhone 12 Pro is draining the battery in half normal time

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.