Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Location services not working

I have a 2019 Macbook Air running macOS Big Sur 11.3.1 and location services are NOT working.

Date and time per location, location on Maps, location on Find My, etc all are not functioning.

Any help, please.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.3

Posted on May 11, 2021 7:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 12, 2021 3:38 AM

Totally agree with @Luis S on the Antivirus Software - Effective defenses against malware and other threats and AntiVirus, Disk Cleaner, Optimizers, Defrag, VPNs etc installed which should be removed as per Developers Instructions. They are useless, unneeded, cause havoc and interfere with the normal operation of the OS and may even Corrupt the OS requiring a Reinstallation.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 12, 2021 3:38 AM in response to Alex Mel

Totally agree with @Luis S on the Antivirus Software - Effective defenses against malware and other threats and AntiVirus, Disk Cleaner, Optimizers, Defrag, VPNs etc installed which should be removed as per Developers Instructions. They are useless, unneeded, cause havoc and interfere with the normal operation of the OS and may even Corrupt the OS requiring a Reinstallation.

May 12, 2021 3:10 AM in response to Alex Mel

Alex Mel wrote:

Location services are enabled. I have tried turning it off and on but that has not worked.

I do have Bitdefender antivirus running, could that be the cause of location services not working?

Possibly. Any third party antivirus should not be used. They only cause trouble and offer no added security.

Good call by P. Philips about VPN too - that would be a very likely cause, if it were in use.

Location services not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.