Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to upload music from mac catalina to iphone 12

catalina for my macbook air, and music did not transfer to my new iphone 12. help, as when i plug in my phone, music app does not recognize it

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on May 11, 2021 8:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 12, 2021 2:18 PM

Hello lmarcus1,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. We understand that you're wanting to get your music synced to your new iPhone 12 and would be happy to help assist. You mention that the Music app is not recognizing your device. Are you using an Apple USB cable to connect your iPhone to your Mac? If so, do you have another one you can try this with? Also, if you open the Finder app on your Mac, does your iPhone appear there?

If your Mac still does not recognize your device at all, we suggest working through the steps in this article and see if the issue persists: If your computer doesn't recognize your iPhone, iPad, or iPod

With a Mac that is running Catalina, the sync process is done using Finder rather than the Music app. This article will walk you through what that looks like and how to sync music and other data to your iPhone: Use the Finder to sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod with your computer

We hope this helps.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 12, 2021 2:18 PM in response to lmarcus1

Hello lmarcus1,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. We understand that you're wanting to get your music synced to your new iPhone 12 and would be happy to help assist. You mention that the Music app is not recognizing your device. Are you using an Apple USB cable to connect your iPhone to your Mac? If so, do you have another one you can try this with? Also, if you open the Finder app on your Mac, does your iPhone appear there?

If your Mac still does not recognize your device at all, we suggest working through the steps in this article and see if the issue persists: If your computer doesn't recognize your iPhone, iPad, or iPod

With a Mac that is running Catalina, the sync process is done using Finder rather than the Music app. This article will walk you through what that looks like and how to sync music and other data to your iPhone: Use the Finder to sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod with your computer

We hope this helps.

how to upload music from mac catalina to iphone 12

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.