Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to import music from iPhone to brand new MacBook Pro

Hi, first up sorry if this is a silly question I'm new to the world of Mac.

I want to import the music on my iPhone into the Apple Music app on Catalina to save re downloading it.

If I open a finder window and control click on the Music App one of the options shown in the menu is "import from iPhone", but although it is seeing the iPhone (11 Pro) all options including the name of my phone are all greyed out so therefore I am unable to import anything.

I have told the iPhone to trust this computer, I have authorised the new MacBook Pro.

IF anyone can assist it would be appreciated thanks!

Mike

Posted on Aug 8, 2020 4:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 9, 2020 11:45 PM

Hi Jim

Thanks for the reply and the link to the article. I had read and though some is still applicable, a lot seems to apply to iTunes and not to Apples new Music app.

I'll have a closer look at the links to 3rd party utilities but it kind of irks me having to pay (in some cases) to be able to do something that obviously Catalina and the Music app are meant to be able to do this, well I think so anyway.

Again thanks for the advise ,some good info in there which I'll take a better look at if I absolutely can't manage to get it sorted directly.

Cheers Mike

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 9, 2020 11:45 PM in response to Jimzgoldfinch

Hi Jim

Thanks for the reply and the link to the article. I had read and though some is still applicable, a lot seems to apply to iTunes and not to Apples new Music app.

I'll have a closer look at the links to 3rd party utilities but it kind of irks me having to pay (in some cases) to be able to do something that obviously Catalina and the Music app are meant to be able to do this, well I think so anyway.

Again thanks for the advise ,some good info in there which I'll take a better look at if I absolutely can't manage to get it sorted directly.

Cheers Mike

Unable to import music from iPhone to brand new MacBook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.