Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

charging cables etc, why do i need so many

Hi chaps I have an ipad air 4th generation and an iphone se, it seems I need 2 adapters and cables for charging, in the old days one usb cable did the job for both bits of kit, I hope to go on holiday to Europe (I’m in uk) so will need another couple of mains adapters, seems like I’ll use my baggage allowance weight on cables and adapters ... no wireless charging on the ipad so that’s no help, anyone know how I can consolidate in some way (plus my wife has a samsung mobile so another variation) !

iPhone SE, 14

Posted on May 12, 2021 3:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply
11 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 12, 2021 3:03 AM in response to ROGER BURTON

iPhone SE and iPad use the same cable. iPad adapter can be used for charging iPhone.

You can fast charge your iPhone 8 and later up to 50 percent battery in around 30 minutes.1

Fast charging works when you use an Apple USB-C to Lightning cable and one of these adapters:

• Apple 18W, 20W,2 29W, 30W, 61W, 87W, or 96W USB-C Power Adapter
  • A comparable third-party USB-C power adapter that supports USB Power Delivery (USB-PD)

May 12, 2021 4:35 AM in response to SravanKrA

If like me you charge all three devices overnight (as you should) then you need 3 cables , 3 chargers, one 3-gang UK extension with a short cable from B&M and one UK to EU adapter. My standard travel kit for 2 iphones and an iPad.

If you can charge them sequentially you can get away with my first list.

charging cables etc, why do i need so many

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.