Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Speak Text command does not work on automations

For me, the Siri command Speak Text does not work if invoked by an automation. In fact, Siri is unable to speak to me at all in automations. If I run the shortcut code on its own, not triggered by an automation, Siri speaks perfectly fine. But if the Speak Text command is invoked by a time of day or an accessory changing state--in other words invoked by an automation--Siri sounds garbled, like trying to speak underwater, and often there is no sound at all.

This stubborn problem has persisted for over a year and followed me when I switched to a new iPhone. Does anyone have any insight into this?

iPhone SE

Posted on May 12, 2021 4:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 29, 2021 11:27 AM

I have the same problem. iOS 14.6 on new generation iPhone SE. Used to work fine but stopped working recently, a couple of weeks ago. Not sure if before or after 14.6 upgrade. Created new automation and that also has the same issue.

Similar questions

4 replies

Speak Text command does not work on automations

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.