Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apps have started crashing on my M1 Macbook Pro

I've had an M1 Macbook Pro for a few months - everything has been fine until recently a number of my applications keep crashing.

I have updated the OS (currently 11.3.1 (20E241)) and hasnt fixed anything - what has changed lately that could be causing these issues?

Applications that are crashing...

1. Jetbrains Intellij
  2. Postman
  3. Shift
  4. Whatsapp desktop

Anyone else experiencing issues?

Posted on May 12, 2021 6:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 12, 2021 7:13 AM

This article shares suggestions on what to do when applications unexpectedly quit: If an app freezes or quits unexpectedly on Mac. See if those steps help isolate the issue.

If the behavior remains, boot your Mac into safe mode, and try to replicate the issue. Safe mode can help determine if what you’re experiencing is being caused by software that loads as your Mac starts up: Start up your Mac in safe mode. Do apps quit when in safe mode as well? Please let me know the results of these steps, and we'll continue from there if necessary.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 12, 2021 7:13 AM in response to abredon

This article shares suggestions on what to do when applications unexpectedly quit: If an app freezes or quits unexpectedly on Mac. See if those steps help isolate the issue.

If the behavior remains, boot your Mac into safe mode, and try to replicate the issue. Safe mode can help determine if what you’re experiencing is being caused by software that loads as your Mac starts up: Start up your Mac in safe mode. Do apps quit when in safe mode as well? Please let me know the results of these steps, and we'll continue from there if necessary.

Apps have started crashing on my M1 Macbook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.