Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trying to reinstall OSX Snow Leopard onto Mac mini server from original start-up disk

Trying to reinstall OSX Snow Leopard onto Mac mini server from original start-up disk and it gets to welcome screen but goes no further. The buttons are both grayed out and unselectable and the little grey wheel spins.

Did a fresh install by pressing C on restart but it did exactly the same with fresh OSX install.

Help!

Posted on May 12, 2021 6:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 13, 2021 8:29 AM

'C' key doesn't always work. You need to try the Option key on a wired keyboard.

If it loads the CD, but can't see the hard drive, then the hard drive may have failed. Note, Mac OS X 10.13 or later reformats hard drives differently, especially if they are solid state. You also mentioned "Server." I am uncertain if the server editions of the Mini can take discs that don't say Server on them.

I would double check on the server forum.

Mac OS X Server Snow Leopard

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 13, 2021 8:29 AM in response to gtnyc

'C' key doesn't always work. You need to try the Option key on a wired keyboard.

If it loads the CD, but can't see the hard drive, then the hard drive may have failed. Note, Mac OS X 10.13 or later reformats hard drives differently, especially if they are solid state. You also mentioned "Server." I am uncertain if the server editions of the Mini can take discs that don't say Server on them.

I would double check on the server forum.

Mac OS X Server Snow Leopard

Trying to reinstall OSX Snow Leopard onto Mac mini server from original start-up disk

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.