Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ICloud SMTP servers

Ive been not getting emails so I checked my settings. I’ve noticed in my mail I’m now connected to a server. SMTP iCloud and some options I can’t change. They are light grey and impossible to respond. Is there a reason why I have a port,server,and all these extras going on

iPhone 11, iOS 14

Posted on May 12, 2021 10:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 12, 2021 10:14 PM

Hey Gutlnstincts,

The server isn’t actually new its just new that we have access to manually configure in the Mail app. I am not sure if that is supposed to be happening or not. Email itself is actually always server based. The sending, routing, and receiving of emails happens on and between servers rather than computer to computer.

This shows what they should be and has some other options incase you need to connect a different way. Mail server settings for iCloud email clients - Apple Support

I hope this helps for you,

• Scott (he, him)

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 12, 2021 10:14 PM in response to GutInstincts

Hey Gutlnstincts,

The server isn’t actually new its just new that we have access to manually configure in the Mail app. I am not sure if that is supposed to be happening or not. Email itself is actually always server based. The sending, routing, and receiving of emails happens on and between servers rather than computer to computer.

This shows what they should be and has some other options incase you need to connect a different way. Mail server settings for iCloud email clients - Apple Support

I hope this helps for you,

• Scott (he, him)

ICloud SMTP servers

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.