Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail keeps adding SMTP servers

My Mail keeps adding old / not used anymore SMTP servers to my accounts. Then when I go to send an e-mail it says it can not use that server and to pick another one. When I do it sends fine. But when I edit my SMTP server list, I delete the bad ones and a few days later they come back.

Any ideas?

This is how I want it to look:

Mac Pro, macOS 12.4

Posted on Jun 14, 2022 1:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 15, 2022 8:21 AM

Remove the mail account(s) in use, wait a minute or two, restart, and try again.

Failing that, sign out of iCloud Keychain preserving passwords locally, wait a minute or two, restart, re-authenticate into,iCloud Keychain.

SMTP server info and email server credentials info is maintained in iCloud Keychain, when iCloud Keychain is enabled.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 15, 2022 8:21 AM in response to ctphoto1

Remove the mail account(s) in use, wait a minute or two, restart, and try again.

Failing that, sign out of iCloud Keychain preserving passwords locally, wait a minute or two, restart, re-authenticate into,iCloud Keychain.

SMTP server info and email server credentials info is maintained in iCloud Keychain, when iCloud Keychain is enabled.

Jun 15, 2022 7:42 AM in response to MrHoffman

Not sure what you mean by remove the account entirely? The mail account(s) or the iCloud account?

I did try disconnect from Keychain and then this morning connect back to it and all the unused and not needed SMTP servers showed back up in the list. Is there a way to just "delete" this list perhaps in the system folder someplace?

Is it being populated strictly from Keychain?

Mail keeps adding SMTP servers

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.