Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Video not available on Roku device

I have a Roku streaming device and it has stopped streaming apple TV+ shows. It's been working for weeks but now the message comes up "video not available" check your internet.

My WiFi and internet are fine, but this app isn't working correct. I've rebooted the router and the streaming device and reinstalled the app, but I still can't get it to work.

Any help out there?

Posted on May 12, 2021 11:21 PM

4 replies

May 13, 2021 5:37 PM in response to Drawingablank777

Hey there, Drawingablank777!

Welcome to Apple Support Communities! If we understand correctly, you are running into issues when you try to play videos in the Apple TV app on your Roku. We can understand wanting to find out why. We will do all we can to help get you pointed in the right direction.

To verify, what model of Roku are you using? Have you verified it is a compatible device with the Apple TV app? Have you tried to remove the Apple TV channel from your Roku and adding it back on? For more information on these steps, check out this link: How do I use the Apple TV channel on my Roku® streaming device? We hope this information helps you out.

Best wishes!

May 14, 2021 9:32 AM in response to genieen16

Hello,

My Roku is Model 3930X -- 3930 is a supported device.

I have rebooted the router. I have rebooted Roku. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the Apple TV app, but none of these has worked. My Wi-fi speeds are usually at least 60 and up to over 100 Mbps.

The app worked find for a couple months and just started acting up like this recently.

Any other suggestions are appreciated.

Still,

Drawingablank777

May 14, 2021 10:40 AM in response to Drawingablank777

Drawingablank777,

Thanks for getting back to us with this information. We appreciate you taking the time to check these settings. We were able to do a quick search for this issue/error specifically and found a bit more information and settings for you to check. You can find them in the Roku Community. Here's a link to the article we're referring to Apple TV+ Videos Not Available. There are some steps on how to look over and change resolution settings along with other software and hardware compatibility for you to check.

We hope this information helps you out.

Cheers!

May 14, 2021 1:28 PM in response to genieen16

Hello,

I played with resolution settings on both the ROKU device and in the Apple TV app. Nothing worked. So I exchanged the streaming device with one from another TV and got my Apple TV back.

(Strangely enough, the Apple TV app looks to work again on the ROKU device on this second TV.)

(I have a suspicion there was some software update in the past couple weeks that gave me the incompatibility.)

Thanks for your efforts. And it no longer matters that I'm ever,

Drawingablannk 777

Video not available on Roku device

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.