Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No printer driver for Samsung Xpress M2020 with MacOS Big Sur

I changed from my old Macbook Pro (bought in 2001) to a Macbook Air with MacOS Big Sur 11.2.3 and have not found any solution to installing a driver for my Samsung Xpress2020 laser printer - all the queries given refer to Airprint but not to a USB connected one. How do I fix this without buying a new printer?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.2

Posted on May 13, 2021 1:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 13, 2021 4:56 AM

The Xpress M2020 is not supported by Apple's built-in AirPort which only supports selected, networked printers, not those connected by USB. HP updated printer/scanner drivers for the SL-M2020 device in Feb 2021 for Big Sur.

Once you install those drivers, you will need to visit System Preferences > Printers & Scanners panel, right-click on the M2020 in the Printers listing, and choose Reset printing system… from the secondary menu. This will allow you to re-add the device, and choose the drivers. you just installed to allow printing/scanning.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 13, 2021 4:56 AM in response to Timbun

The Xpress M2020 is not supported by Apple's built-in AirPort which only supports selected, networked printers, not those connected by USB. HP updated printer/scanner drivers for the SL-M2020 device in Feb 2021 for Big Sur.

Once you install those drivers, you will need to visit System Preferences > Printers & Scanners panel, right-click on the M2020 in the Printers listing, and choose Reset printing system… from the secondary menu. This will allow you to re-add the device, and choose the drivers. you just installed to allow printing/scanning.

No printer driver for Samsung Xpress M2020 with MacOS Big Sur

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.