Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot connect to Epson printer since upgrading to MacOS 11.3.1 a few days ago

My iMac will no longer connect to my Epson WF-3520, despite Apple saying that AirPrint is compatible with this model of printer. Everything worked ok until I upgraded to Big Sur 11.3.1 a few days ago and this is very frustrating.

I checked the Epson website and downloaded the latest driver but still cannot get the iMac to talk to the printer. I reset the printers but the iMac then displays the following message when I try to add the printer (and the iMac seems to know there is an Epson WF-3520);

"Unable to connect to ‘EPSON WF-3520 Series._ipp._tcp.local.’ due to an error. Would you still like to create the printer?" but it won't connect.

I use Wi-Fi to connect to the printer. The printer is on the same router as the iMac and I believe the only thing that's changed is the version of MacOS.

Can anyone help please?

Posted on May 13, 2021 3:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 13, 2021 12:13 PM

Hi,

Yes, the EPSON WF-3520 is mentioned in About AirPrint - Apple Support as a model supporting the driverless AirPrint technology, so you should not need any drivers when connected to a network. Double-check that the printer and the computer are connected to the same network. There may or may not be different 2.4 and 5 GHz networks. Again, try resetting the printing system and re-adding the printer (as an AirPrint printer).

Add a printer on Mac - Apple Support

You may also want to try the following procedure:

Power off the router, the printer, the computer, and all other connected devices/computers. Wait two to three minutes. Power on the router. Wait another two to three minutes. Power on the Epson printer. Wait a minute or two. Power on the computer. Finally, power on all other devices/computers. Any change?

Drivers/software from the printer manufacturer may add functionality.

10 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 13, 2021 12:13 PM in response to HampshireELM

Hi,

Yes, the EPSON WF-3520 is mentioned in About AirPrint - Apple Support as a model supporting the driverless AirPrint technology, so you should not need any drivers when connected to a network. Double-check that the printer and the computer are connected to the same network. There may or may not be different 2.4 and 5 GHz networks. Again, try resetting the printing system and re-adding the printer (as an AirPrint printer).

Add a printer on Mac - Apple Support

You may also want to try the following procedure:

Power off the router, the printer, the computer, and all other connected devices/computers. Wait two to three minutes. Power on the router. Wait another two to three minutes. Power on the Epson printer. Wait a minute or two. Power on the computer. Finally, power on all other devices/computers. Any change?

Drivers/software from the printer manufacturer may add functionality.

May 14, 2021 12:45 AM in response to Jan Hedlund

Hi,

I've just removed the Epson printer drivers and still no change :-(. I've got a very simple home set up: an iMac, an Epson printer set up to use WiFi and a router (and we can print on the Epson from our mobile phones via the same router without any problem). The only thing that's changed since it worked is my upgrade to MacOS 11.3.1 a few days ago.

May 14, 2021 1:25 AM in response to Ronasara

Hi,

I've just removed the Epson printer drivers and still no change :-(. I've got a very simple home set up: an iMac, an Epson printer set up to use WiFi and a router (and we can print on the Epson from our mobile phones via the same router without any problem). The only thing that's changed since it worked is my upgrade to MacOS 11.3.1 a few days ago.

Cannot connect to Epson printer since upgrading to MacOS 11.3.1 a few days ago

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.