Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My 6 digit verification code is not displayed on my iPhone how can I see it

How can I get my password code on my I pad,Jess using my finger print to turn it on and decided to try the code which I only thought I knew,screwed up now I can’t even get on my IPad ,HELP

iPad, iPadOS 14

Posted on May 13, 2021 5:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 13, 2021 6:01 AM

Your passcode is NEVER displayed ANYWHERE. That’s why it’s called a passcode. If you forgot it follow the instructions in the link provided below. If you can’t recover it you’ll need to contact Apple Support for assistance and you will need to provide the original purchase receipt.

If you forgot the passcode on your iPad, or your iPad is disabled

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 13, 2021 6:01 AM in response to Trieste21

Your passcode is NEVER displayed ANYWHERE. That’s why it’s called a passcode. If you forgot it follow the instructions in the link provided below. If you can’t recover it you’ll need to contact Apple Support for assistance and you will need to provide the original purchase receipt.

If you forgot the passcode on your iPad, or your iPad is disabled

May 13, 2021 6:34 AM in response to lkrupp

I assume we are indeed talking about the passcode - the four or six digit number used to lock the device - which is different from the verification code sent to all your devices when you sign into your Apple ID on a new device (or sometimes on an existing one).

In fact if you have forgotten the passcode, which is stored only on the device, it cannot be retrieved and you will have to erase the device, as described in the page linked to in the previous post. Apple cannot help you: they don't know the passcode.

My 6 digit verification code is not displayed on my iPhone how can I see it

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.