Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Confirm iPad passcode

I bought a new iPad and am setting it up. It says that I need to confirm my iPad passcode. So I am putting in my 6 digit code that I use to open iPad, change settings etc. it continues to clock and doesn’t accept it. No error message comes up. The display just goes away and then I still have the message that it needs to be done. Am I putting in the wrong code? I tried getting verification code from my iPhone and it says it is wrong. How do I get this message to go away? Thank you for your assistance.

Posted on Sep 6, 2019 9:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 6, 2019 10:27 AM

If you set up this new iPad from backup, it appears you have changed the Passcode. It's possible you aren't using the code you thought you were. If that is the case, you're going to have to erase the iPad using your home computer with the most current version of iTunes running.

Follow the directions in this link: If you forgot the passcode for your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, or your device is disabled - Apple Support

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 6, 2019 10:27 AM in response to Jmsmith0412

If you set up this new iPad from backup, it appears you have changed the Passcode. It's possible you aren't using the code you thought you were. If that is the case, you're going to have to erase the iPad using your home computer with the most current version of iTunes running.

Follow the directions in this link: If you forgot the passcode for your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, or your device is disabled - Apple Support

Confirm iPad passcode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.