Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

CarPlay microphone not working

I have an iPhone 12 pro with IO 14.5.1 and it no longer can hear me when CarPlay is connected to my 2019 RAV4. I can answer a call but then the caller can not hear me unless I pick up the phone and change it to speaker on the phone. I have deleted the car profile and reinstalled and the problem still exists. I have rebooted the iPhone and turned CarPlay off and on and ihe issue still exists. I also have checked and have the latest firmware from Toyota, any help?

A friend with a Nissan Nurano is having the same issue.

Posted on May 13, 2021 8:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 13, 2021 8:51 AM

Since it is occurring in two different car brands with two different systems, it doesn't seem to be a Car issue but a recent iOS issue.

Similar questions

3 replies

May 13, 2021 9:45 AM in response to daedalus2u

I provided you with the only support document for CarPlay. The last step there is to contact Apple Support. Click on that link and you can explain the issue to them. I have the same phone as you report and have no issues with CarPlay in my vehicle, so if it is an iOS issue, it is your iPhone and that of your friends. I certainly have not seen any other reports. Apple can assist you in troubleshooting your iPhone if you believe that to be the issue.

CarPlay microphone not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.