Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to hear caller with ear speaker

I can hardly hear my callers they sound super low. Tried all settings and also don’t have plastic covering the screen.

iPhone 11, iOS 14

Posted on May 13, 2021 10:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 13, 2021 10:15 PM

Hi , has this always been the case or has it happened for example after an update ? . One thing to try is to force restart the iPhone. Press and quickly release the volume up button, press and quickly release the volume down button, then press and hold the side button. When the Apple logo appears, release the button.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 13, 2021 10:15 PM in response to Ethomas1225

Hi , has this always been the case or has it happened for example after an update ? . One thing to try is to force restart the iPhone. Press and quickly release the volume up button, press and quickly release the volume down button, then press and hold the side button. When the Apple logo appears, release the button.

May 14, 2021 8:18 AM in response to scottie-from-idle

Hi Scottie thank you for your reply! It hasn’t always happened since the start but I found a solution. I used a tootbrush (medium to hard bristle) and I brushed the ear speaker area. It looked like very little pieces of sand coming out (Went to the beach a few times) but also looks like a little dirt. Anywho I did that for about 4 minutes and then I used an old earring back end to clean the bottom speaker holes. This made a ridiculous sound change and now my phone sounds like it did the first day. I even did it to my twins iPhone 11 and she was so pleased and amazed. The toothbrush for the ear speaker definitely worked and just for extra the earring back end worked extremely well for the bottom speaker (and microphone). Thanks again!

Unable to hear caller with ear speaker

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.