Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Remove Apple Watch SE auto brightness

That feature is unwanted and fails. I changed the watch once after three weeks from purchase, and now, again three weeks later, the auto-brightness misbehaves.

The watch will not come on to full brightness. A little shake and it will flicker between dimmed and full. Sometimes, like as I wrote these lines, it stays stuck in the dimmed state.

My wife's watch, another SE, also started behaving this way. Although in her case, it was after three months.

how do I remove the auto-brightness? There has to be a pref entry I can change.

[Edited by Moderator]

Posted on May 13, 2021 6:17 PM

2 replies

May 14, 2021 1:32 AM in response to TheWall

This is the ambient light sensor kicking in,this adjusts your screen brightness to match the surrounding area,there is no setting or configuration for this.

Remove Apple Watch SE auto brightness

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.