Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Screen Recording not working iOS 14.5.1

Whenever I try and do screen recording on my iPhone 12 Pro Max it throws up a blue icon which looks like the charger (battery is way over 80% so can’t be that) and stays blue for a few seconds and doesn’t do anything. Very frustrating as I used screen recording a lot

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 14

Posted on May 14, 2021 4:02 AM

Similar questions

3 replies

May 15, 2021 7:52 AM in response to UltraPureRoar

Hello UltraPureRoar,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you're having an issue with screen recording on your iPhone. We're happy to help.

When attempting to screen record do you have a USB-C hub connect to your iPhone? If so, does the issue continue when the accessory is disconnected?

Also, "Some apps might not allow you to record audio. You can't record your screen and use screen mirroring at the same time." You can view this information and more here: Record the screen on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Are you using screen mirroring when seeing this indicator in the status bar? If so, can you screen record as normal when not mirroring?

Additionally, we recommend ensuring there are no restrictions blocking screen recording enable on your iPhone. The article here can help you check your current settings: Use parental controls on your child's iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Cheers!

May 15, 2021 1:58 PM in response to UltraPureRoar

Hi UltraPureRoar,

Thanks for the information. As the issue is temporarily resolved when toggling restrictions, we recommend checking if Mobile Device Management, or a profile installed. You can check by navigating to Settings > General > Profiles or Profiles & Device Management. If you don't see this option, there's no profile installed.

The article here also has the steps: How to delete an app that has a configuration profile on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Should the issue remain, we'd recommend a normal restart of your device: Restart your iPhone

Screen recording works the same between the two devices and it sounds like you're doing everything correctly. As it's unexpected behavior, and the icon you're seeing is related to a USB-C port connection, reach out to Apple Support using the links below to continue to assist.

Contact Apple Support

Contact Apple for support and service

Cheers!

May 15, 2021 12:16 PM in response to OrigamiFan1

Hi, thanks for your response.

I don’t use screen mirroring or airplay and also I wouldn’t have had my device plugged in via USB-C as it happens without being plugged in. I have found a quick fix for this issue by going into “Settings” - “Screen Time” - “Content & Privacy Restrictions” - “Content Restrictions” and the doing “Don’t Allow” on Screen Recording and then “Allow” directly afterwards.

This solves the issue but inevitably after a few hours of use it stops me using it again so I have to repeat the above steps once more.

This must be a bug in iOS 14.5.1 or am I doing something wrong? I have only had the iPhone 12 Pro Max just over a week upgrading from an iPhone 7 Plus so I won’t rule out user error if you have any other suggestions?

Thanks again

Screen Recording not working iOS 14.5.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.