Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Favourites disappeared from iPhone Safari

After briefly logging out of iCloud and then back in again, my favourites don’t appear in Safari anymore when opening a new page, it’s just blank. I have checked iCloud settings on both Mac and iPhone, I have unchecked and rechecked Safari in iCloud on both devices, I have restarted both devices and both apps and I have performed a sync in iTunes. Still just a blank page. What more can I do?

iPhone 6s

Posted on May 14, 2021 7:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 15, 2021 10:11 AM

Hello peo bjorn,

Thanks for visiting the Apple Support Communities. It seems you are not able to view the list of websites you have added to Favorites list.

The steps you have mentioned is good troubleshooting you’ve tried on your own. You didn’t mention, what is the current iOS version installed on your iPhone? You can find this under Settings > General > About.

Have you seen If your iCloud or Safari bookmarks aren’t syncing? There are a few steps found there you may want to try. 

Reach back out if, after trying those steps you haven’t performed doesn’t resolve the issue.

Cheers!

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 15, 2021 10:11 AM in response to peo björn

Hello peo bjorn,

Thanks for visiting the Apple Support Communities. It seems you are not able to view the list of websites you have added to Favorites list.

The steps you have mentioned is good troubleshooting you’ve tried on your own. You didn’t mention, what is the current iOS version installed on your iPhone? You can find this under Settings > General > About.

Have you seen If your iCloud or Safari bookmarks aren’t syncing? There are a few steps found there you may want to try. 

Reach back out if, after trying those steps you haven’t performed doesn’t resolve the issue.

Cheers!

May 15, 2021 2:19 PM in response to Chris_C1

Thanks for your advice! I’ve checked all the steps on the page of your link, except the ”Open a secure web site from your iOS device to see if you can access ports 80 and 443”, which I don't understand and the link doesn't explain. My starting point is that it worked perfectly before I logged out from iCloud and then back in again, all other settings unchanged.

I have also noticed that I had to redo my fingerprints for Touch ID, and having done that some apps don't offer Touch ID anymore but ask me for my password instead. Any connection, do you think?

Sorry about the iOS version, I thought that was automatically inserted in the forum message. I have the latest verson, 14.5.1, and I run Mojave 10.14.6 on my Mac (not having solved 32/64 bit compatability for all my software yet). The iOS was updated only a few days ago, could that instead of the iCloud log-ut have caused the problem?

May 18, 2021 6:05 AM in response to i_rina

Thanks, but that was terrible advise. I managed to create a new favourite - but all the old ones disapeared. And from my Mac too. These I use a hundred times a day to access assorted news sites. Gone now.

Do I have backups of these in Time Machine? If so, in what folder?

And I still don't understand how I should test access to any defined ports from the secure site.

Favourites disappeared from iPhone Safari

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.