Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My account has not been charged for pre-order

So. I pre-ordered the imac, and the money came out. ($2k ish.) THEN, it went back in to my account a few days ago. Normal, preauthorization stuff, I didn't worry.

Yesterday though, my imac shipped, and today I see that they charged my card and then put the money back in? The money is still in my account and my bank says it hasn't processed the charge, but apple says the invoice shows as complete on their end.

I guess i'm just waiting it out to see if apple tries to charge it again, but my bank is baffled and i'm not sure what I should do. Apple shows that it's paid, but it isn't.

Has this happened to anyone else with the imac pre-order? It's already shipped.

Thanks!

Posted on May 14, 2021 9:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 14, 2021 10:26 AM

Yes, when you ordered the iMac online, your card received temporary hold for that amount.

When the temporary hold expires, Apple will re-authorize again.

After your item ships, Apple will then charge your card.

The time it takes for the charge to show up on your card will be after it ships and after the product receives a tracking number.

Your bank may not show the item has charged, but don't worry, Apple already got their money...

My M1 iMac was pre-ordered on 4/30 and just yesterday it showed shipping from China with a UPS Tracking number and my card now shows the charge in full (today).

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 14, 2021 10:26 AM in response to griffithta

Yes, when you ordered the iMac online, your card received temporary hold for that amount.

When the temporary hold expires, Apple will re-authorize again.

After your item ships, Apple will then charge your card.

The time it takes for the charge to show up on your card will be after it ships and after the product receives a tracking number.

Your bank may not show the item has charged, but don't worry, Apple already got their money...

My M1 iMac was pre-ordered on 4/30 and just yesterday it showed shipping from China with a UPS Tracking number and my card now shows the charge in full (today).

May 14, 2021 11:13 AM in response to griffithta

Well, it still does not matter what happens to someone else as it is strictly a matter of how Apple processes charges and how your bank does. Apple does a pre-authorization to make sure your card is good. That will show immediately. Apple then processes the charge when the item ships. Your bank will show it when they process it - these are all questions no one here can answer unless we worked for Apple and/or your bank.

My account has not been charged for pre-order

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.