Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

where are the actual movie files stored on an ipad air 2019?

I bought a download of a movie from iTunes but can’t find the actual movie file. I can see the movie in Apple TV and play it. However I want to know where the actual file is so I can move it if I wish. Thanks for any help, Alex

iPad Air 3, iPadOS 14

Posted on May 14, 2021 3:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 14, 2021 4:19 PM

Don't blame Apple.

Many rules that Apple has to follow demanded by the Motion Picture Industry of America.

Apple has to be able to prevent content piracy and copyright/trademark issues to be able to supply commercial movies and TV content to its devices and users.

So, Apple, by necessity, and to supply such commercial movie and TV content, needs to enforce ALL Motion Picture Industry DRM rules and demands.

That means locking down all purchased or rented such as commercial music/movies, videos and TV shows/series content to inside of any Apple device to a single location that cannot be moved around inside of the device or computer.

It is the way it is.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 14, 2021 4:19 PM in response to Alexander Gavin

Don't blame Apple.

Many rules that Apple has to follow demanded by the Motion Picture Industry of America.

Apple has to be able to prevent content piracy and copyright/trademark issues to be able to supply commercial movies and TV content to its devices and users.

So, Apple, by necessity, and to supply such commercial movie and TV content, needs to enforce ALL Motion Picture Industry DRM rules and demands.

That means locking down all purchased or rented such as commercial music/movies, videos and TV shows/series content to inside of any Apple device to a single location that cannot be moved around inside of the device or computer.

It is the way it is.

May 14, 2021 4:23 PM in response to Alexander Gavin

You can re-download or transfer such content to a full Windows PC computer or older Mac to iTunes or use of the macOS Finder if using a Mac with macOS Catalina or newer OS ( like the up and coming Big Sur ) or by using a third party app, called iMazing, which does a WHOLE LOT of other things that older versions of iTunes used to be able to do.

where are the actual movie files stored on an ipad air 2019?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.