Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where is the downed movie file located on iPad

Hi alI, I downloaded a couple of movies to watch for a trip. But now I can't find them to play. I know by checking the general>iPad storage>Review Downloaded videos That they are there downloaded from HBO MAX but the movie filmstrip icons are grayed out so tapping them does nothing. So where would their actual files be located?

iPad Pro 12.9-inch, 2nd Gen, Wi-Fi

Posted on Nov 19, 2021 9:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 19, 2021 10:16 PM

How did you download them?

How are you viewing them when you see movie filmstrips icons grayed out?

Normally, you would play them inside the same app you used to download them. (Download in the TV app, play in the TV app; download in the HBO MAX app, play them there.) The storage location is known to the app.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 19, 2021 10:16 PM in response to jstoneob

How did you download them?

How are you viewing them when you see movie filmstrips icons grayed out?

Normally, you would play them inside the same app you used to download them. (Download in the TV app, play in the TV app; download in the HBO MAX app, play them there.) The storage location is known to the app.

Where is the downed movie file located on iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.