Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

14.5.1 drains battery

I have an iphone 12 Pro max…and since 14.5.1 update, my battery dies within 2hrs and the phone obviously gets hot..fix this issue I didn’t payed $1,200us for a broken phone thanks to your so called updates

Posted on May 14, 2021 9:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply
3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 14, 2021 11:31 PM in response to Anotherupsetcustomer

Assuming this isn’t a real hardware/battery issue (which it might be), whenever I get this problem, which has happened now several times after an update (when I’ve had many apps open) I always do a hard reset (power + down volume button), and leave connected to charger for a few hours and it’s fixed. Not sure if it’s an old application not behaving well with the new updates or if it’s simply iOS/iPadOS doing data structure updates after the new install (causing massive battery drain).

May 18, 2021 11:58 PM in response to Anotherupsetcustomer

Same here. Settings -> Battery shows that the App Store app used nearly all the power. 20% battery drained during a night.

Normal restart and forced restart didn't help. App store app wasn't even running or in the background and it is still using up my battery. On an iPhone 8 plus and iOS 14.5.1

Edit: Just saw an article that Apple knows about the drain issue and it's fixed in 14.6. I hope it's released soon. A warm phone in the pocket is only sometimes nice when it's cold outside. 😉

14.5.1 drains battery

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.