Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

My iPhone battery drains quickly and the temperature rises

Hello, I updated this ****** iPhone 14 Pro max device to the latest version and found a problem with the battery draining quickly and the temperature rising dramatically.

ISO 16.5.1 (c)

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 14 Pro Max, iOS 16

Posted on Jul 24, 2023 4:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 24, 2023 4:54 AM

Some activities such as charging or a lot of computational activity, generate heat. Some warmth is to be anticipated.* Read this article about keeping your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch within acceptable operating temperatures - If your iPhone or iPad gets too hot or too cold - Apple Support

I would also review your Battery Health in Settings. See if there are particular apps that are running all the time that are using large amounts of power.

If you think there is a problem with a device, have Apple inspect it. Go to this page to find your nearest Apple Authorized Service Provider (AASP) or Apple Authorized Distributor (AAD) --> Find Locations

How to make a Genius Bar appointment

1. Go to Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

2. Go to "Get hardware help".

3. Select your hardware and continue selecting options requiring replacing parts until you see "Bring in for Repair"

4. Sign in with your Apple ID

*"Your iPhone might get slightly warmer while it charges." - from: How to use your MagSafe Battery Pack - Apple Support

Software upgrades may introduce new features which may add to power drain. Check the Battery Health feature to see if there are apps running that use a lot of power. If there are, decide if you need them running all the time or can turn off a feature when it is in the background.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 24, 2023 4:54 AM in response to EL_ABBASSI

Some activities such as charging or a lot of computational activity, generate heat. Some warmth is to be anticipated.* Read this article about keeping your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch within acceptable operating temperatures - If your iPhone or iPad gets too hot or too cold - Apple Support

I would also review your Battery Health in Settings. See if there are particular apps that are running all the time that are using large amounts of power.

If you think there is a problem with a device, have Apple inspect it. Go to this page to find your nearest Apple Authorized Service Provider (AASP) or Apple Authorized Distributor (AAD) --> Find Locations

How to make a Genius Bar appointment

1. Go to Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

2. Go to "Get hardware help".

3. Select your hardware and continue selecting options requiring replacing parts until you see "Bring in for Repair"

4. Sign in with your Apple ID

*"Your iPhone might get slightly warmer while it charges." - from: How to use your MagSafe Battery Pack - Apple Support

Software upgrades may introduce new features which may add to power drain. Check the Battery Health feature to see if there are apps running that use a lot of power. If there are, decide if you need them running all the time or can turn off a feature when it is in the background.

My iPhone battery drains quickly and the temperature rises

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.