Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ios 15.2 battery issues

my iPhone 11 pro battery drains faster than normal and gets hotter on a normal day's use. any solutions or future updates to solve the problem??

Posted on Dec 16, 2021 9:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 21, 2021 7:15 PM

It's been 5 days since the update in my case, and I can't really use my phone now, as it gets from 100% to 0% over 5-6 hours even when you are not using it. I don't believe any of those suggestions can help anyhow, it appears that Apple just pushed another bad update that either consumes the excessive amount of power or just there is a bug in software that doesn't check the battery status properly. I tend to believe it's the latter personally, as it happens not the first time (rather happens quite regularly, sadly). What is really frustrating is that Apple doesn't seem to test their updates properly before releasing them, and when they do release them with such issues, they don't revert them to the previous (working) OS builds.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 21, 2021 7:15 PM in response to BrianK90

It's been 5 days since the update in my case, and I can't really use my phone now, as it gets from 100% to 0% over 5-6 hours even when you are not using it. I don't believe any of those suggestions can help anyhow, it appears that Apple just pushed another bad update that either consumes the excessive amount of power or just there is a bug in software that doesn't check the battery status properly. I tend to believe it's the latter personally, as it happens not the first time (rather happens quite regularly, sadly). What is really frustrating is that Apple doesn't seem to test their updates properly before releasing them, and when they do release them with such issues, they don't revert them to the previous (working) OS builds.

Dec 17, 2021 4:47 PM in response to Osama_Abuzid

Hey Osama_Abuzid,

We see that you're having issues with your iPhone battery and temperature, and we'd like to help!

How long has it been since you updated your device to iOS 15.2? We ask you this because after a major software update, your device might feel warm and the battery may be consumed faster than it normally would. After a software update, your device will continue to reindex all your apps and documents silently from the background. 

Please take a look at our article here for more information: If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch gets too hot or too cold

If you continue to experience issues with your battery life, we recommend that you apply the tips that we offer from our maximizing battery life article, and observe your battery within 48 hours to see if there are any improvements: Maximizing Battery Life and Lifespan

Let us know how it goes!

Best regards.

ios 15.2 battery issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.