Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am unable to add my Epsom XP215 printer

I have had some problems connecting my iMac OS Big Sur 11.3.1 to me Epson XP215 printer. I deleted the printer from printers and scanners and now there is nothing in the box. I cannot add my printer again. Help!

Tony

Posted on May 15, 2021 2:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 15, 2021 6:44 AM

Hi,

The Epson XP-215 is mentioned in About AirPrint - Apple Support as a model supporting the driverless AirPrint technology. This means that the printer can be used without drivers when connected to a network, If so, make sure that the printer and the computer are connected to the same network.

Reset the Mac printing system to solve a problem - Apple Support

Add a printer on Mac - Apple Support

If necessary, try the following procedure: Power off the router, the printer, the computer, and all other connected devices/computers. Wait two to three minutes. Power on the router. Wait two to three minutes. Power on the

Epson printer. Wait a minute or two. Power on the computer. Finally, power on all other devices/computers. Any change?

Drivers/software from the printer manufacturer may or may not add functionality. In case of a direct USB connection, drivers will be needed.

https://www.epson.eu/support?productID=12299&language=en&os=38#drivers_and_manuals

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 15, 2021 6:44 AM in response to Anthony William Murray

Hi,

The Epson XP-215 is mentioned in About AirPrint - Apple Support as a model supporting the driverless AirPrint technology. This means that the printer can be used without drivers when connected to a network, If so, make sure that the printer and the computer are connected to the same network.

Reset the Mac printing system to solve a problem - Apple Support

Add a printer on Mac - Apple Support

If necessary, try the following procedure: Power off the router, the printer, the computer, and all other connected devices/computers. Wait two to three minutes. Power on the router. Wait two to three minutes. Power on the

Epson printer. Wait a minute or two. Power on the computer. Finally, power on all other devices/computers. Any change?

Drivers/software from the printer manufacturer may or may not add functionality. In case of a direct USB connection, drivers will be needed.

https://www.epson.eu/support?productID=12299&language=en&os=38#drivers_and_manuals

I am unable to add my Epsom XP215 printer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.