Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

DO I need to upgrade my NVIDIA Graphics Processor

My iMac is running 10.15.7 and I subscribe to Adobe Creative Cloud to use Photoshop (amongst others) for my work and hobbies. The Graphics Processor is a NVIDIA GT755M.

Recently, Adobe launched Photoshop 2021 and since the installation I've noticed that the Graphics Processor is not selected as it should be for the Performance Preferences. There's a message that says a fault has been detected and an upgrade may be required. If I revert to the previous version of Photoshop (i.e. Photoshop 2020) the Processor is selected as it should be.

This may be an issue with Adobe and I have contacted them but am yet to get a response. However, it did get me thinking about whether or not it is even possible to get any sort of upgrade for this processor and, if so, where I might get it from.

If anyone has any ideas (other than upgrade to a new iMac and Big Sur) I'd welcome them.

Cheers,

Cliff

Brighton, UK

iMac 27″, macOS 10.15

Posted on May 15, 2021 4:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 15, 2021 7:24 AM

Graphic cards in Macs are not user upgradeable.

Similar questions

1 reply

DO I need to upgrade my NVIDIA Graphics Processor

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.