Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Storage

I deleted my iMovie library but instead of going to the bin it went to other from docs. Now I have no space left so how do I get rid of the iMovie library data?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on May 15, 2021 8:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 15, 2021 9:26 AM

Deleting your iMovie library will permanently delete all media, events, and projects that are contained in it. Unless you are intending to delete those things you would be better off to transfer your iMovie Library to an external drive that is formatted Mac OS Extended (Journaled) or APFS. That would free up space on your internal drive if that is where your library is presently located.

Can you describe what steps you did to delete your iMovie library, and exactly what happened when you did them?

You delete your iMovie Library by opening the Movies folder on your Mac, control-clicking on the library's icon, and choosing Move to Trash from the pop up menu. Then empty the Trash. Restart iMovie and it will open in a new blank library.

-- Rich

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 15, 2021 9:26 AM in response to niramay02

Deleting your iMovie library will permanently delete all media, events, and projects that are contained in it. Unless you are intending to delete those things you would be better off to transfer your iMovie Library to an external drive that is formatted Mac OS Extended (Journaled) or APFS. That would free up space on your internal drive if that is where your library is presently located.

Can you describe what steps you did to delete your iMovie library, and exactly what happened when you did them?

You delete your iMovie Library by opening the Movies folder on your Mac, control-clicking on the library's icon, and choosing Move to Trash from the pop up menu. Then empty the Trash. Restart iMovie and it will open in a new blank library.

-- Rich

Storage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.