Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airplay Video to Samsung TV and speakers at the same time

Hello,

Is it possible to Airplay video from my IPhone (e.g. YouTube or Netflix) to a Samsung TV and have the audio also play through additional airplay speakers? Casting video and audio to the Samsung TV works great but as soon as I select my additional Sonos speakers in the Airplay menu, the video stops on the TV and just plays the audio and displays a thumbnail of the video on the screen. When I add the speaker it essentially groups the tv and speaker and turns the tv in to a speaker. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you.

Posted on May 15, 2021 11:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 16, 2021 12:05 PM

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities, The1c3Man.

We understand you are wanting some more information on using AirPlay to stream both audio and video to two separate AirPlay enabled devices from your iPhone. If you are wanting to AirPlay to multiple devices, it is currently only available for audio which is why it is grouping both your smart TV and your speaker and taking away the video aspect. If you'd like, you can read more information on that below.

Use AirPlay to stream audio

However, if this is a feature you would like to see available in the future, we recommend submitting your feedback to Apple using the link below.

Product Feedback

Take care!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 16, 2021 12:05 PM in response to The1c3Man

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities, The1c3Man.

We understand you are wanting some more information on using AirPlay to stream both audio and video to two separate AirPlay enabled devices from your iPhone. If you are wanting to AirPlay to multiple devices, it is currently only available for audio which is why it is grouping both your smart TV and your speaker and taking away the video aspect. If you'd like, you can read more information on that below.

Use AirPlay to stream audio

However, if this is a feature you would like to see available in the future, we recommend submitting your feedback to Apple using the link below.

Product Feedback

Take care!

Airplay Video to Samsung TV and speakers at the same time

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.