Airplay Disney+ from MacBook to Apple TV

I want to stream Disney+ from my MacBook Air to my samsung TV with Apple TV. I connect to the Apple TV (3rd Gen) via airplay but the part of the screen where the movie should be is black and no audio or video is coming. The same happened when I tried doing that with IPhone 13 Pro instead of the MacBook but ultimately I want it to work from my Mac.

Posted on Apr 14, 2023 1:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 16, 2023 7:57 PM

It's possible that the issue you're experiencing is related to the DRM (Digital Rights Management) protection on the Disney+ content, which can sometimes prevent it from being streamed to certain devices.

Here are a few things you can try to troubleshoot the issue:

1. Update your MacBook and Apple TV software: Make sure your MacBook and Apple TV are running the latest software versions to ensure compatibility.
  2. Check your network connection: Make sure both your MacBook and Apple TV are connected to the same network and that the network is stable.
  3. Adjust the display settings: Try adjusting the display settings on your MacBook, such as the resolution or scaling options, to see if that resolves the issue.
  4. Try a different app or website: Try streaming content from a different app or website to see if the issue is specific to Disney+ or if it's a more general issue.
  5. Use an HDMI cable: If none of the above steps work, you can try using an HDMI cable to connect your MacBook directly to your TV instead of using AirPlay.

If you're still having trouble, you may need to contact the Disney+ or Apple support teams for further assistance.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 16, 2023 7:57 PM in response to _Tomek_

It's possible that the issue you're experiencing is related to the DRM (Digital Rights Management) protection on the Disney+ content, which can sometimes prevent it from being streamed to certain devices.

Here are a few things you can try to troubleshoot the issue:

1. Update your MacBook and Apple TV software: Make sure your MacBook and Apple TV are running the latest software versions to ensure compatibility.
  2. Check your network connection: Make sure both your MacBook and Apple TV are connected to the same network and that the network is stable.
  3. Adjust the display settings: Try adjusting the display settings on your MacBook, such as the resolution or scaling options, to see if that resolves the issue.
  4. Try a different app or website: Try streaming content from a different app or website to see if the issue is specific to Disney+ or if it's a more general issue.
  5. Use an HDMI cable: If none of the above steps work, you can try using an HDMI cable to connect your MacBook directly to your TV instead of using AirPlay.

If you're still having trouble, you may need to contact the Disney+ or Apple support teams for further assistance.

Airplay Disney+ from MacBook to Apple TV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.