Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why since updating to Mojave my Sony DVCAM camera & DSR V10 no longer recognized by Final Cut Pro

Before updating my OS from High Sierra, I could transfer via firewire 800 to thunderbolt 3 video from my DVCAM 250 camera & DSR V10 Mini DV & DVCAM deck.

Now, with Mojave (10.14.6), Final Cut Pro (10.4.6) sees the camera and deck, but no image appears and no control of the camera or deck or import.

What could be the problem? I can use iMovie to see and control the camera and deck, but iMovie is so limited when comes to directing the media to my video editing drives (7200) which are for video editing. To me iMovie is a waste of time. Final Cut was working so well with these Sony analog equipment.

I have restarted, shut down, reconnected thunderbolt and firewire connections and restarted Final Cut Pro. I have not check for any of those "phist" files though.

Thanks for any input.

iMac 27″ 5K, macOS 10.14

Posted on May 15, 2021 2:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 15, 2021 2:11 PM

Try capturing using the QuickTime player. Use File >New Movie Recording. In the dialog that appears there’sa little menu triangle to select the attached camera. If not check that the camera ISD seen in System Info.

4 replies

May 15, 2021 3:26 PM in response to Tom Wolsky

The Quick Player was the answer to the problem. Interesting going through QT I didn't get any dropped frames. I will continue to test with the other DSR V10 Deck as well.

Thank you!

PS: Has something changed with Final Cut Pro and the OS Mojave? As I mentioned, I could use both camera and deck with FCP very easily. I did notice I only have one raw camera DSR 250 listed in my system. As for iMovie, is there a way to control where media files are sent, i.e. getting around the default of going to Hard drive?

Why since updating to Mojave my Sony DVCAM camera & DSR V10 no longer recognized by Final Cut Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.