Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I completely remove game progress from Game Center?

I am playing the Sim City Build It game. I want to start over with the game and have deleted the game from my iPad and picked the option to remove it from Game Center. When I logged into Game Center using the Game Center app the game was still listed so I used a right swipe to delete it.

I then downloaded the Sim City app from the App Store again. When I open the new freshly installed app and choose the "log into Game Center" option it restores my old city although this data was supposed to have been deleted. I want to sync the game progress between my two iPad and do not want to continue with the old city. I have deleted the game from both iPads and also deleted the app from Game Center on both iPads.

How can I fully and permanentely delete the data for this app from Game Center?

Posted on May 16, 2021 2:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 16, 2021 7:26 AM

Hi,

Answer wrote by another user should help you:

———

Since the release of iOS 10, all of your Game Center data is now stored in iCloud.

To remove all of your game's data, try the following:

1. Tap on Settings > Apple ID Profile > iCloud
  2. Tap on Manage Storage.
  3. Look for the game in the list of apps that iCloud backs up data for and tap it.
  4. Select Delete Data. Note: This will delete all data for this game from all Apple ID connected devices.

———

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 16, 2021 7:26 AM in response to Carmalia

Hi,

Answer wrote by another user should help you:

———

Since the release of iOS 10, all of your Game Center data is now stored in iCloud.

To remove all of your game's data, try the following:

1. Tap on Settings > Apple ID Profile > iCloud
  2. Tap on Manage Storage.
  3. Look for the game in the list of apps that iCloud backs up data for and tap it.
  4. Select Delete Data. Note: This will delete all data for this game from all Apple ID connected devices.

———

How can I completely remove game progress from Game Center?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.