Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Music forgets what music was playing after not playing for a short while most annoying

My iPhone SE 1st addition, Apple Music, forgets the song it was playing after you stop it playing then restart after a break, never used to do this any one else found the same or a cure

The songs are from its playlist in library, not streaming

Regards PeteC

Posted on May 16, 2021 9:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 17, 2021 9:02 AM

Hello Pete,

We would like to see how we can help you with Apple Music. Does this happen from multiple Wi-Fi and cellular connections? Which iOS version are you currently running? Go to Settings > General > About for the version. Let's check the storage available for the device currently. Go to Settings > General > iPhone Storage. Check out this link if your storage is full: How to check the storage on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Cheers!

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 17, 2021 9:02 AM in response to PETE-C

Hello Pete,

We would like to see how we can help you with Apple Music. Does this happen from multiple Wi-Fi and cellular connections? Which iOS version are you currently running? Go to Settings > General > About for the version. Let's check the storage available for the device currently. Go to Settings > General > iPhone Storage. Check out this link if your storage is full: How to check the storage on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Cheers!

May 17, 2021 9:15 AM in response to i_rina

Software version is 14.4.1. I have one gig of space left

I am playing music from my playlist, the music is what I recorded and made into a playlist, it has been working fine until I think one of the last updates, now after stopping play and closing the app I find on reopening the app it has forgotten what it was playing, on the music screen it says "not playing". this is annoying as you have to scroll through your playlist to find and restart the music. any help appreciated, I never use music from wifi or cellular connection only from the onboard library

Regards PeteC

May 18, 2021 10:03 PM in response to bailier

Many thanks for the help ,

Deleted the app completely together with any music, then reinstalled, played some music then paused play and closed the music app, opened and continued to play music over the last 12-18 hours and it has remembered where it left off and continued to play perfectly, hopefully this has cured my problem and again mainly thanks for the help

Regards. Pete

Apple Music forgets what music was playing after not playing for a short while most annoying

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.