Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

2016 Mac Book Pro lines

Hello everyone,

It appears that I am not the only one with this problem. Horizontal and vertical black and white lines appearing along the edges of the screen. I bought my Mac in 2017 and I am hoping that this can be repaired without a charge. I tried PRAM reset but nothing helps. Please share your experience and advice.

Thank you kindly!

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.12

Posted on May 16, 2021 9:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 16, 2021 11:56 AM

The LCD Panel is cracked. If the laptop is out of warranty, then you will need to pay for the repair. If you still have a warranty, then you will need to have Apple or an Apple Authorized Service Provider examine the laptop to see if the issue is covered for free (or reduced cost with AppleCare+ accidental damage) or to provide you with an estimate for repair.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 16, 2021 11:56 AM in response to MacBookProLines

The LCD Panel is cracked. If the laptop is out of warranty, then you will need to pay for the repair. If you still have a warranty, then you will need to have Apple or an Apple Authorized Service Provider examine the laptop to see if the issue is covered for free (or reduced cost with AppleCare+ accidental damage) or to provide you with an estimate for repair.

2016 Mac Book Pro lines

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.